This year, I won’t have a list of New Year’s resolutions. Instead, I will focus on the things that I will have to work on for the rest of the year and go through 2017 with a better version of myself. This year, I want to (and I will!) finish strong.
Aspects I want to improve on:
1. My work – My goal is to overcome my anxiety about going to work every single day.
2. My relationships – To fully grow, improve, and develop as an individual, I must learn how to be a better person when it comes to dealing with my relationships. I must say, I am blessed with a wonderful family and fun circle of friends, but still, I must work on how I can keep them around for a really long time.
3. My craft – As much as I want to envision myself taking up MA in Creative Writing or Literature in June, I think that would still be uncertain. So, while I’m patiently waiting for that to happen, I will focus on improving myself through reading more books, writing more, creating art, and honing my artistic hobbies. Then, I will focus on my dreams so I can make them come true. One step at a time. I will be a professional creative, I will write for magazines and newspapers, I will be a published author, I will teach literature, I will inspire and influence people through writing and teaching. In time. (And yes, I claim that I will be able to put up my dream coffee shop business.)
4. My health – This year, I want to outgrow my bad habits. I will strive to sleep early every night, have a healthy diet, stick to my exercise plan, run more miles, conquer more mountains, and lose all my unwanted flabs. (HEHEHE :P)
5. My travels – I must save moolah for my travels! I am dying to tick off every travel plan I have for 2017 and the years to come so I have to work my butt off. This year, I won’t spend on material things. Instead, I will invest in travel and adventure. I will try new things, go on beach trips, hike mountains, see unfamiliar places, visit churches, explore amusement parks, and learn from them all.
6. My faith – By the end of the year, I want to be closer to the God that I believe in through prayer, worship, and the sacraments.
I declare that 2017 will be a year of prayer, travel, worship, creativity, productivity and success. Here’s to a healthier, happier, and more meaningful year! High hopes for 2017!